We all have it to some extent or another.
And what we do with it is very important.
We can use it to control or manipulate someone to get what we want from them.
Or we may be allowing someone to have that same power over us.
How do you know when someone has power over you?
- you feel intimidated by their presence or their expectations of you
- you're afraid of how they'll react to you when they don't get what they want from you
- they come to mind often and in an oppressive manner
- you feel anxiety when you think about them
- you don't want to run into them or talk to them on the phone
- you're not comfortable being vulnerable with them
- you don't trust them
Once you recognize a person in your life who has power over you, you need to take the next vital step. Here's the healthiest thing you can do for yourself and that person: Get your power back. Yes, you need to get your power back. You don't want your mindset to remain in an unhealthy, anxious state. That's not good for anyone.